It seems there are a lot of things we can do with plantain and we are just finding out. Few days ago, it’s how you can make moi moi with overripe plantain.
- 2 pcs of overripe plantain
- 100g plantain flour
- 1-2 cooking spoons palm oil
- 1 teaspoon ground crayfish
- 1 onion
- Pepper and Salt (to taste)
- 1 Knorr cube
- Cool water
- Uma leaves
- Aluminium foil bags
- Blend the overripe plantain pieces, plantain flour batter, onions, crayfish, pepper and stock cube with just enough water to allow the blades of the blender move.
- Pour the smooth blend into a sizeable bowl.
- Add salt and palm oil. Mix thoroughly till well combined.
- Set a small quantity of water in a pot to boil. When the water boils, place a base for the Plantain Moi Moi wraps into the pot. This can be scrap pieces of aluminium foil, a stainless steel stand or leaf stalks from the uma leaves.
- Scoop the mix into folded uma leaves, just as you would with beans moi moi
- Gently place the wraps in the pot of boiling water and cook for 20-25 minutes. Add water along the way if necessary.
- Leave to cool down completely and set before serving.