There are some President Buhari quotes that Nigerians would love the president to be reminded of. Well-intended statements that can yield fruitful results if they are genuinely backed by appropriate actions.
Words may be cheap but what makes a leader stand out is marching his words with his actions. Promises make no sense until they are fulfilled.
Leadership comes with its crosses and crowns; thus no one excepts “magic”. Nonetheless leaders should prove to the people beyond reasonable doubts that there is a unity of purpose.
Sid by side to his commendable part, President Buhari‘s regime has been largely accused of tribal/religious sentiments, inefficiency in economic matters and political victimization.
Let’s take a look at some Buhari quotes that most Nigerians would love to materialize as it concerns the afore mentioned.
1. I belong to everybody, and I belong to nobody.
2. The corporate existence of Nigeria as a single entity is not a subject of debate and will not be compromised.
3. I pledge myself and the government to the rule of law, in which none shall be so above the law that they are not subject to its dictates, and none shall be so below it that they are not availed of its protection.
4. You are all my people; I will treat you all as mine. I will work for those who voted for me, voted against me and those who didn’t vote at all.
5. We shall send corrupt politicians to Kirikiri.
6. I will stabilize global oil price.
7. We shall quickly examine the best way to revive major industries and accelerate the revival and development of our railways, roads and general infrastructure.
8. I assure you, if I become president, the world will not have to worry about Nigeria as it is now.
9. Change does not just happen. You and I and all of us must appreciate that we all have our part to play if we want to bring CHANGE about.
10. Every new government inherits problems. Ours was no different.
11. Our government [has] set out to do things methodically and properly.
12. I bear no ill will against anyone on past events. Nobody should fear anything from me. We are not after anyone. People should only fear the consequences of their actions.
13. Our long night is over and a new dawn has come… Democracy and rule of law will be put in place.
14. Money has been recovered, whatever has been recovered we have to end up in courts.
15. Religion must never be used as an excuse to divide us, oppress others or gain unfair advantage.