Toyin Adewale: 11 Quick Facts About the Nollywood Actress Who’s a Year Older Today
It is no longer news that Davido‘s HKN act, Mayowa Adewale better known asMayorkun is the son of popular Yoruba actress, Toyin Adewale. Interestingly, his dad is a song writer and film director, who also has been in the entertainment industry for over 25 years.
Toyin Adewale is one of the respected actresses in the Yoruba section of Nollywood, who has enjoyed a career and life devoid of scathing scandals, controversies and dirty drama.
Below are 11 facts you must know about talented Nollywood actress…
- Toyin Adewale began acting in 1988.
- She started with stage performances with the likes of Ben Tomoloju, Antar Laniyan, Biodun Ayanyinka popularly called Papa Ajasco, Salome Eketunde, Yinka Davies among others.
- Though she plies her trade mostly in the Yoruba section of Nollywood, she has featured in a couple of English soap operas.
- Her first major film is titled ‘Irepodun,’ from the stable of Korede Films, in which she played the lead role.
- The talented actress, married to a colleague in the industry, studied Dramatic Arts at Rimax Institute in Lagos, before attending Lagos State Polytechnic, where she read Business Administration.
- She met her husband, Sunday Adewale as a student of Rimax Institute in 1988.
- Toyin and Sunday Adewale have been married for 23 years. They celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary amidst pomp and pageantry at Time Event Centre, Ikeja Lagos, in April 2013.
- Toyin Adewale is the only child of her late mother, Mrs S.A Odubonojo, who died two years ago at the age of 95.
- Her late father, Mr. Odubonojo had 5 wives and they all gave birth to 1 female child each.
- Asides acting, Toyin is also into catering service, and she’s been doing the business for over 13 years. Her company is called Tasty Lee Catering Service.