The historic town of Ogbomoso has a new monarch, 21 months after the seat became empty following the death of the late Oba Jimoh Oladunni Oyewunmi, the town’s longest-reigning king.
Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde accepted the nomination of Prince Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye as the next Soun of Ogbomosoland on Saturday.
According to a statement issued by the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters, Olusegun Olayiwola, the announcement followed the lengthy procedures outlined in the law.
Olayiwola said, “His Excellency congratulates the new Soun-elect on his ascension to the throne of his forebears.”
The appointment of Prince Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye is noteworthy because he is not only a true son of the soil, but he will also join a select group of those who have abandoned the pulpit for the stool of their forefathers.
HowNG shines a spotlight on the guy who is anticipated to lead Ogbomoso to greater wealth.
1. The Soun-designate of Ogbomoso studied English in Nigeria before traveling abroad for postgraduate research in Industrial and Labour Relations.
2. He was a successful entrepreneur and motivational speaker prior to becoming a minister with the Redeemed Christian Church in 1992.
3. Despite being born into the royal line of Olaoye, one of five royal families in Ogbomoso along with the Oyewunmis and Ajagunlades, Prince Olaoye stated that he never desired to be king, unlike his father, who attempted to become the Soun of Ogbomoso in 1940.
4. Olaoye, commonly known as “Pastor G,” had been pastoring for approximately 30 years, beginning in 1992 at the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
He pastored three RCCG parishes in Nigeria before moving to Germany to oversee another RCCG parish in Bonn.
He is currently the pastor of the RCCG, Jesus House in Washington, DC, USA. He is also the RCCG North America Convention and Special Projects Coordinator.
5. He claimed he alerted the RCCG’s General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, of his indifference in the stool, and that he was afterwards told he shouldn’t resist what he was born for.
6. Apart from his personal qualms about the ancient throne, Ghandi stated that as a pastor, his faith strongly challenged every rationale for becoming a conventional ruler. He did, however, claim that God revealed the stool to him in a revelation.
During a sermon at his church in the United States, Ghandi stated that the reality of being the Soun of Ogbomoso-designate dawned on him after multiple consultations.
“You were born for this, this is the reason for your birth,” Pastor Ghandi reportedly got from God after praying for a life crossroads at the beginning of 2022, specifically on January 2.
7. Pastor Afolabi Ghandi claimed he had planned to retire to a simple life at 60, after spending half of his adult life pastoring.
He stated that he intends to explore the world since he enjoys it. According to him, his unusual birth in a car may have been the catalyst for his insatiable desire to tour the world.
8. Prince Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye is happily married to pastor Omo. His wife founded and pastors Jesus Women Ministries, a women’s organization dedicated to tackling significant concerns that affect women from birth to old age in order to favorably impact these areas in accordance with God’s word.