How Nigerian Caregivers Maltreated and Abused 89-Year-Old Grandma In UK

Harrowing film has exposed how an 89-year-old grandmother with dementia was assaulted by four Nigerian carers after her family got suspicious of marks on her body and planted a hidden camera in her bedroom.

According to Mail Online, sisters Danielle and Rebecca Hinsley took film that ‘broke our hearts’ after getting concerned about their grandma Beryl Wall’s changing conduct and injuries to her body.


The couple protested to staff at the Wolverhampton care home in February 2020, but were disappointed with the response and decided to look into the situation themselves.


Ms Wall’s granddaughters installed a Yi Eye Wi-Fi camera in a photo frame in her grandmother’s bedroom to monitor what was going on with Mrs Wall, who was unable to communicate at the time.

Mrs Wall has dementia since 2015 and was 89 at the time of the incident.


Sadly, the loving grandmother of six, great-grandmother of twelve, and great-great grandmother of one died on October 6, last year, at the age of 92, just after her abusers were found guilty.

The distressing footage, taken over four days, seems to show the staff mocking the pensioner, shoving her, forcibly holding her legs in the air, and pinching her.

In another video, one of them is shown aggressively seizing and taunting Mrs Wall before slapping her on the head with a pillow.

Danielle, 36, and Rebecca, 39, presented their evidence to care home managers, the Care Quality Commission, and West Midlands Police.


The caregivers, Ame Tunkara, 33, Morounranti Adefila, 43, Danny Ohen, 39, and Bridget Aideyan, 49, were charged with ill-treatment and willful negligence.

They were found guilty and imprisoned for 18 months at Wolverhampton Crown Court at the end of last year.

Mother-of-five Danielle, 36, from Wolverhampton, said: ‘She first went into the care home in April 2019 and the abuse started in February 2020 – just before lockdown.

‘Her behaviour changed, she started hitting me and my sister. She was whacking us and screaming at us, telling us to get out.

‘We went in the next day and she had bruises on her elbows, face, head and wrists. That was what was visible to us, there was a lot more over her body we couldn’t see.

‘We called the management straight in and they just asked us to email the pictures. It wasn’t good enough so went out and ordered the camera straight away.

‘We knew somebody was hurting her. The bruises on the wrist weren’t alarming, but we knew something was up from the bruises on the face.

‘They were above her chin and eyebrow. We were angry more than anything.

‘The camera came the next day and we took it to the home. We left it a couple of days and when we brought it home what we saw was just horrific.


‘It broke our hearts.’

She added: ‘The man was the worst. He was hitting her over the head with a pillow.


‘He was mocking her because she couldn’t talk properly, he was pinching her face, holding her legs.

‘He was telling her he was going to phone the police.

‘The other woman was staring at her and holding a towel over her. They were holding her legs up like a baby, she was screaming. We were heartbroken and angry.’


Ame Tunkara, 33, of Walsall, and Morounranti Adefila, 43, of Wolverhampton, were convicted of ill-treatment and intentional negligence on December 8 and sentenced to four months in prison.


Danny Ohen, 39, and Bridget Aideyan, 49, both of Wolverhampton, were found guilty of the same offenses and sentenced to six months and four months, respectively, on November 14.


Det Con Kathryn Sargent said: “This elderly woman sadly died in October and should not have spent any of her remaining years suffering such ill-treatment.”


Nigerian Woman, Abigail Katung, Appointed Lord Mayor of Leeds

Chief Emeka Anyaoku at 91: Nine Things to Know About the Global Icon