In a post on the church’s official Facebook page on Tuesday, Odukoya was said to have passed away in the United States of America.
Here are 10 things to know about the late clergyman.
1. Odukoya was born on June 15, 1956 in the city of Kaduna where he was also raised.
2. He had his primary education at Baptist Primary School and proceeded to Kigo Road, Kaduna and St. Paul’s College (now known as Kufena College, Wusasa) Zaria for his secondary education.
4. He had his tertiary education at the University of Ibadan in 1976 where he obtained a degree in petroleum engineering in 1981.
5. He was employed as a petroleum engineer at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation in April 1982 after he completed his one-year National Youth Service Corps programme. He served there until his voluntary retirement in January 1994 after his call to the ministry.
6. Odukoya met his wife, Bimbo Williams, at the University of Ibadan in 1980 and they both got married in 1984.
7. The two co-founded The Fountain of Life Church in 1992 and later became renowned for teaching men and women the art of building successful relationships as well as the principles of leadership.
9. Pastor Odukoya lost his wife, Bimbo, in the ill-fated Sosoliso Airlines Flight 1145 which occurred on December 10, 2005.
10. On January 5, 2010, he got married again to Rosemary Simangele Zulu from South Africa who later died of cancer in November 2021.