The Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, through the National Information Technology and Development Agency (NITDA) , is set to host a 7-Day empowerment programme to train about 75 Farmers on Smart Agriculture in Ibadan Oyo State.
The empowerment program is scheduled to hold at the University of Ibadan’s Faculty of Agriculture from the 11th to the 17th of February, 2023.
NITDA, through its smart initiatives, have continued to focus on using smart technologies to improve agricultural yield and food security; promote eco-friendly agriculture practice; expand the participation and role of the youths in Agriculture sector while building a platform that connects farmers with both local and international investors as well as market.
This edition of NAVSA will feature the soil nutrition monitoring system, the smart brooding system and also the smart irrigation.
The adopted farmers’ benefits include:
- Smart Device
- One 100 hundred thousand Naira seed fund
- AgTech training/capacity Building
- Connectivity (Internet and CUG)
- NAVSA Platform
- Financial inclusions through digital wallets
- e-Extension and insurance services
- Continuous reinvestment model opportunities
- Unmanned Area Vehicle (UAV)/Drone for smart farm
- Portable Green Energy system
- Smart Demo Farm (smart irrigation and brooding Systems, and Soil Intelligence Systems) etc .
The empowerment programme is projected to facilitate millions of jobs, increase productivity, as well as the contribution of Agriculture to GDP, which, in turn would make Nigeria a leading nation in food security and an exporter of standard Agricultural produce to the world.