Debo Adebayo Popularly Well known as Mr Macaroni is a Nigerian actor, comedian, entrepreneur and social media influencer well known for his phrase ‘ooin you’re doing well’. Mr Macaroni is the Founder of Mr Macaroni Entertainment Ltd. A registered company which specializes in Arts and entertainment, He has been acting for some years, but recently came into limelight after starting a series of comedy skits. In most of his skits, he usually plays the role of a sugar daddy, looking for a side chick and it is always full of adventures. His videos are loved because of their uniqueness and lessons that viewers learn at the endings.
Early Life & Education
- Mr Macaroni was born on the 3rd of May, 1993 in Lagos into a family of 10 and he’s the last born, his father is a journalist– he used to broadcast news on the television while his mother is an educationist.
- His childhood was really simple and adventurous. He lists Pastor Chris Oyakhilome as one of his sources of inspiration.
- Debo finished secondary school in 2009 and attended four different Private universities All in Nigeria
- His education wasn’t really very rosy as he attended three different universities, before finally graduating from Redeemer’s University. Mr Macaroni said; The first school he went to, He was studying Law. Studying law changed him– he became more confrontational and aggressive, especially when airing his concerns.
- The first admission he got to study law in a private institution was cut short in his 200 level when they heard on the news that the law department in the university wasn’t accredited. They had to call for a meeting to understand the situation but the school was so nonchalant about it. At some point, people began to leave the school and Mr macaroni also left.
- Mr Macaroni Gained Admission to another private university to study the same Law, Everything is going well and until he had an issue with one of his lecturers. He was summoned by the school authorities and was asked to leave the school for some time until they came to a final decision. He wasn’t expressly expelled but decided to leave. It was after a while that his friends informed him that his name came out on the result sheet but Debo already left to another university
- He went to another private university which is the third School and he had already made up his mind to study Creative Arts instead of Law. He resumed at the university and he was called by the Dean of Student Affairs that the institution hasn’t really started offering Creative Arts, but he can go for English. This got him angry because he was admitted to study Creative Arts. He had to leave after a year.
- He eventually gained admission to study Creative Arts at Redeemer’s University, Osun State. The university is owned by the Redeemed Christian Church of God. While at the institution, he was bent on leaving a legacy that would make every student an ambassador of the university.
- He was the president of the student body while in the Redeemer, and tried his best to make every student happy and comfortable. Few days before his graduation from Redeemers University, he almost got expelled over a post he made on his Facebook Page.
- On June 14th, 2018 mr macaroni settled his case with redeemer university mgm and was given his certificate, On march 5th 2020 He completed his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and collected certificate he was filled with joy as many of the serving coppers gathered around him for photos. He stated on his Instagram handle, that he stood for over 2 hours taking photos with his colleagues who for one reason or the other, appreciate his craft
- Mr Macaroni has been an actor for a long time and have been doing movies and soap operas such as Face 2 Face, Super Story, Family Ties, Nowhere To Be found, Papa Ajasco, Mistresses, Kajola, Ifa Iwa, Obinrin and many more, It took a while for him to decide to start online comedy. He always said he can never do it because of his level of education in Creative Arts and the fact that he was already being featured in movies and soap operas. before starting the ‘Mr Macaroni’ series. He stated that at a point in his life, he stopped getting movie roles and it began to appear like he didn’t know what he was doing.
- He would get to Instagram then see the likes of Maraji and Broda Shaggi posting online skits that people were really enjoying. Yet He didn’t start immediately, He was still lost in his ego. He couldn’t imagine himself doing comedy skits., Later the idea of doing comedy skits came to his mind, and he began playing the character of an old school teacher.
- About how he began the Mr Macaroni series, he stated that the whole story began when a company reached out to one of his producers that they needed someone to make a short YouTube video. He first played the character of an old school teacher, before the ‘sugar daddy’ character that he is currently playing.
- so He decided to start creating new content for Instagram. And that was how He found himself doing skits. He has worked with top actors and comedian in Nigeria which include the likes of Adedimeji Lateef, Broda Shaggi, Taaooma, Woli Arole, Seyi Law and many others
Alleged Marriage to Mummy Wa
In April 2022, Mr Macaroni cleared the air on the wedding-themed photos he earlier shared with fellow skit maker, Kemi Ikuseedun, also known as Mummy Wa.
Mr Macaroni had on April 23 and 24, shared wedding-themed pictures of himself and Mummy wa, who always acted as his wife in his skits.
The pictures, however, caused a lot of uncertainties among his fans, as they wondered if it was a real wedding or a skit.
But in a tweet on Tuesday, which is also Mr Macaroni’s birthday, the comedian noted that he wasn’t married to Mummy wa.
The comedian who just turned 29 said this while thanking his fans for their wishes.
In 2022, Mr Macaroni was in the spotlight following one of his ‘freaky freaky’ skits which included a nurse played by one of his people.
In the video, the nurse was dressed inappropriately and it did not go down well with a representative of nurses who owns CEO Nurses Network.
According to a Nurse, Osagie Merry, health care professionals shouldn’t be portrayed in that light and nurses have worked over the years to portray a positive image.
“Dear @mrmacaronii, The Nursing Community attention has been drawn to your Recent videos promoting Nurses as Sexual object. It’s funny until health care professionals start trending as “sexual objects”, raunchy and uncultured. Obviously your comedy centers around playing with the mind of viewers by using sex*ually provocative images of endowed women (both subtly and direct) and though you passes some messages to those in power which you can call your own “sauce”…Albeit… This is uncalled for and shouldn’t be taken as a light joke.”
In a reply on Twitter, Macaroni affirmed that his ‘freaky freaky’ videos won’t stop because that is not the only role he plays.
“Let me use this opportunity to address those always pushing the narrative that most of my contents are with women. First thing you should know is; that won’t stop!! I play other characters. Why be say na only the one with woman you dey watch??”
let me use this opportunity to address those always pushing the narrative that most of my contents are with women.
First thing you should know is; that won’t stop!! I play other characters. Why be say na only the one with woman you dey watch?? 🌚
— MrMacaroni (@mrmacaronii) May 22, 2022
He won the African Youth Choice Awards 2015 and other Unrecognized Awards.
In 2020, he won both the Future Award Africa for the Content Category and the City People music’s award for Comedy act of the year.
In 2021 he won the Afro X digital awards for the Influencer of the year category.
- He has grown from a regular Instagram user to an influencer with more than 550,000 followers. however, still new to the industry and we’re unable to get accurate estimate Net worth but will worth $100,000 Above