In 2019, Victoria Kolawole will write and produce “Cha Cha,” a new blockbuster Yoruba film. The film was directed by Muyideen Ayinde and starred Eniola Badmus, Saidi Balogun, Olaniyi Afonja (Sanyeri), and Murphy Afolabi.
Early Life and Education
Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie was born on May 27, 1990, in Ebute Meta, Lagos State, and raised in Ijegun-Egba Satellite Town, but his family is from Onicha, Ebonyi State. He was born into a family of five, including two siblings, Sharon and Raphael Okorie. He began his education at Citizen Comprehensive College in Epe, Lagos, and later transferred to Jibril Martin Memorial Grammar School in Iponri.
Patoranking moved to Ghana after being accepted to Cape Coast University in 2007. Due to financial constraints, he was forced to postpone his university education. To make ends meet and keep his family out of poverty, he dropped out of university after a year and pursued other interests.
Patoranking began his musical career by collaborating with musicians such as XProject, Konga, Slam, and Reggie Rockstone on an informal basis. In 2010, he signed a record deal with K- Solo’s Igberaga Records, under which he released “Up in D Club.” Patoranking was accepted as a protégé by Dem Mama Records following their collaboration on Timaya’s song “Alubarika.”
In February 2014, he signed a record deal with Foston Musik and released the single “Girlie O,” which catapulted him to fame. Patoranking announced on February 9 via Instagram that he had signed a distribution deal with VP Records. Patoranking released the song “Abule” on September 28 in advance of the release of his album.
In a 2012 interview with Entertainment Express, he stated that his stage name was given to him by a Jamaican musician he met at Lagos’ Alpha Beach. Patoranking’s main musical influences include Buju Banton, Bob Marley, Fela Kuti, Lucky Dube, Chaka Demus, Majek Fashek, Blackky, Blackface, Tuface, and Marvellous Benjy. In the aforementioned interview with Entertainment Express, he described his music as a morally conscious form of dancehall with references to sociopolitical themes.
Patoranking released “Iya Bisi” in May 2012, featuring Qdot and Kbaj. Drumphase wrote the song, which combines dancehall and fuji. Qdot and Kbaj, according to Patoranking, contributed to the song’s composition by pitching ideas to him.
Tiwa Savage contributed to “Girlie O” (Remix), which was released by Foston Musik on May 19, 2014, to positive reviews. It debuted at No. 9 on MTV Base’s Official Naija Top 10 chart. Tiwa Savage, a fan of Patoranking’s music, told Ehiz of MTV Base that she approached him about doing the remix. In London, Moe Musa also filmed and directed the music video for “Girlie O” (Remix). “The fundamental winning components were kept in the new remix,” says Pulse Nigeria’s Joey Akan. They were kept and improved. The lyrics were given special attention, while the beat, chorus, and energy remained.
Patoranking and Seyi Shay both appeared in Shaydee’s “Murda” song. The song was written by Dokta Frabz and released on April 1st, 2014. On May 11, 2014, the music video was uploaded to Vevo. JM Films’ directing duties were handled by Meji Alabi. Patoranking’s singles “Daniella Whine” and “My Woman, My Everything” charted on the MTV Base Official Naija Top 10 list. The former debuted at No. 4 in May and reached No. 1 in June. The latter, “My Woman, My Everything,” was also on the chart and peaked at No. 2.
Patoranking is married to Leila Okorie, his longtime girlfriend and baby mama. Wilmer Okorie was born from the couple’s union. After her birth, he dedicated a song and an entire album to her, titled “Wilmer.”
Raphael Okorie, also known as Raphranking, was widely regarded as the son of Patoranking, whom another lady had for him before he rose to prominence, but she refuted the claim and told them that he was his junior brother.
Patoranking’s better half is PatonranQueen, whose real name is Leila Okorie. In any case, legend has it that he abandoned the woman once he became famous. This has yet to be confirmed. He is also said to be involved with a few female famous artists. Five young women that Patoranking has dated are listed below:
1. Edma Ohemaa
It was claimed that the beautiful Ghanaian TV personality and model Edma Ohemaa, who also appeared in Patoranking’s music video “My Woman, My Everything,” and the Nigerian reggae-dancehall artist Patoranking had an extramarital relationship. They look great together.
2. Genevieve Nnaji
Patoranking confirmed his relationship with the famous Nigerian actress. However, the relationship eventually ended, and Genevieve Nnaji was never heard from again.
3. Seyi Shay
Patoranking and Seyi Shay, a beautiful Nigerian performer, were said to have had an illicit, emotional romance. The project was established to have begun in the middle of 2014, when the duo collaborated to record Seyi Shay’s track “Murda.”
An agent from the Patoranking team was required to state that they are not dating. There is science between the two of them. Their song “Murda” was incredible. In any case, they will work together on a variety of projects. They currently collaborate on advancements and have a Clyde-like friendship.
4. Jocelyn Dumas
Recently, Patoranking shared a photo of Jocelyn Dumas on Instagram along with the hashtags “#MWME #Whaysay!!!” and “@jocelyn dumas.” His supporters’ reactions to the message were mixed, and rumours that the two were dating emerged.
5. Leila Okorie (PatoranQueen)
Patoranking dated his child’s mother, Leila Okorie, before becoming famous. However, as his celebrity grew, things quickly deteriorated and the two of them split up. However, it has been reported that the two are back together.
- God Over Everything (2016)
- Wilmer (2019)
- Three (2020)
- Patoranking – 2016
- Killing Me – 2016
- This Kind Luv Ft. Wizkid – 2016
- Love Town – 2016
- Beautiful – 2016
- Daniella Whine Ft. Elephant Man and Konshens – 2016
- Temperature – 2019
- Lenge Lenge – 2019
- Go Crazy – 2019
- Confirm Ft. Davido – 2019
- Champion – 2019
- Whine It – 2020
- Mon Bebe – 2020
- Lion in the Jungle – 2020
- Black Girl Magic – 2020
- Matter Ft. Tiwa Savage – 2020
- Love is the Answer – 2020
- So Nice – 2009
- Up in D Club – 2010
- Tonite – 2013
- Sex Tape – 2014
- My Woman – 2015
- Another Level – 2016
- Available – 2017
- Heal D World – 2018
- Everyday – 2018
Awards and Nominations
- Nominated for ‘Best Dance Hall/Reggae Video’ at the Nigeria Music Video Awards in 2013.
- Best collaboration nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Male Artist of the Year nomination at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Winner of the Best New Act of the Year at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Dancehall/Reggae Act of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Most Popular Song of the Year nomination at the City People Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Best Collabo of the Year nominee at the City People Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- Nominated for the Channel O Music Video Awards as the “Most Gifted Newcomer” in 2014.
- The Most Gifted Reggae/Dancehall nominee at the Channel O Music Video Awards in 2014.
- The Best Reggae/Dancehall single award at the Headies 2014.
- He won the ‘Best Collabo Award’ at the Headies in 2014.
- The Next Rated Award at the Headies in 2014.
- Best New Act by Ben TV in 2014.
- Ben TV’s ‘Best Collaboration’ in 2014.
- Best Reggae/Dancehall by Ben TV in 2014.
- He won the ‘Best Afropop Song’ at the TooXlusive Online Music Awards in 2015.
- Nominated by the Headies for the ‘Best Pop Song’ in 2015.
- Best Reggae/Dancehall Single Nominee at the Headies in 2015.
- MTV Africa Music awarded him the ‘Best New Act’ in 2015.
- The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards honoured him as the “African Artiste of the Year” in 2016.
- AFRIMA awarded him the ‘Best Artist of the Year’ in 2016.
Patoranking has a net worth that is estimated at $20 million.