Emmanuella Samuel is more commonly known as Emmanuella. She is an award-winning young comedian who appears on Mark Angel’s YouTube channel. She first appeared in Episode 34 of Mark Angel’s comedy.
Early Life & Education
Emanuella Samuel was born in Port Harcourt, River State, on July 22, 2010. She is from Imo State, which is located in eastern Nigeria. There have been disagreements about her relationship with Mark Angel, as it has been claimed in various sources that she is his niece and others that they are cousins.
Emmanuella began her comedy career at the age of five. On a family vacation, she met Mark Angel. He called a few kids he knew for the audition because he needed some kids for his comedy shoot, but they couldn’t remember their lines, so he turned to Emmanuella. Despite the 18-hour film shoot, which he staged to test the youngsters’ stamina, she performed admirably. Angel had to persuade her parents to let her join the Mark Angel Comedy team after being chosen, which she eventually did.
She also appeared in Survive or Die, an Australian film. She garnered fame after performing the humorous skit “This is Not My Real Face Oh,” in which she made jokes about a headmistress to her fellow students without understanding the student was the headmistress’s child. A short sketch like this one was uploaded on CNN’s Facebook page. On April 2, 2020, during the COVID-19 lockdowns, Emmanuella, Success, and Regina Daniels appeared in a play titled “Lockdown” by Ofego on his YouTube channel, using archival video.
Built House for her Mother
In 2020, Emmanuella, in a unique way put a smile on her mother’s face after she built a befitting house for her.
She said, “I built this for u mom. For all the prayers, all the encouragement, and support. Mummy I know you said u want a portable house and this is it.”
Awards & Nominations
- In 2021, she won the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite African Social Star.
- In 2018, she was nominated alongside Davido, for Nickelodeon 2018 Kid’s Choice Awards, under the category of Favorite African Stars.
- In 2018, Emanuella was invited to the National Assembly by Senate President Bukola Saraki on account of her landing a role in a Disney film.
- In 2016, Emanuella won the award for Top Subscribed Creator from YouTube at the inaugural edition of the Sub-Saharan African YouTube Awards.
- In 2016, she also won the Best New Comedienne & Princess of Comedy awards at the Afro-Australia Music & Movie Awards (AAMMA).
- She was hosted by CNN in November 2016.
- In 2015, she won the G-Influence Niger Delta Special Talent Award.
She has been a spokesperson for a number of well-known brands, including Fresh Yo Yogurt, Dabo toothpaste, Indomie noodles, Loya milk, MTN, Slim Tea, and Mouka foam.
Emmanuella is worth $150,000 dollars. She is still one of Nigeria’s wealthiest young talents. Her earnings have primarily come from popular skits on Mark Angel’s YouTube comedy channel. She has also received lucrative brand endorsement deals.