Impacting lives every day, the Tony Elumelu Foundation has opened applications for its entrepreneurship programme 2023.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation focuses on core sustainable development goals, pointing to empowering women and men across Africa, catalyzing economic growth, driving poverty eradication and ensuring job creation.
With beneficiaries spread across all African Regions – Central, East, Northern, Southern and Western Africa– Tony Elumelu Foundation upholds the private sector’s role in developing the African economy and creating both social and economic wealth.
The programme seeks entrepreneurs with the most innovative, high-potential business ideas across all 54 African countries. Since 2015 with a commitment seed capital of $5,000, the Foundation also offers mentorship and business management training to entrepreneurs. $102 million was invested in the TEF Entrepreneurship programme while $80 million was paid directly as seed capital to support and grow African startups.
- $5,000 nonrefundable seed capital
- World-class business management training
- Global networking opportunities
- Access to key networks and markets
- Applicants can be from any one of the 54 African countries
- Applicants must be 18 years and above, and must not be considered a minor in their country of residence. No upper-limit age restriction
- Applicants can be outstanding African entrepreneurs running existing startups with high growth potential and aspiring business owners with transformative ideas
- All businesses must be idea or early stage, within 0 to 3 years
- Application must focus on one business only
- Business ideas must be for-profit and must be the original works of applicants
How to apply
To participate in the Tony Elumelu Foundation programme 2023, apply now while the portal is still open.