Wondering how your data just dwindle just like that? The following tips will help conserve your megabytes:
1. Identify and remove data-intensive apps by going to Settings > Data Usage on your Android device. You may be surprised to see data being used by apps you hardly touch!
2. Disable auto-updating apps on your Android device by opening Google Play and tapping the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top left of the screen. Go to Settings > tap Auto-update apps > select Do not auto-update apps or Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi.
3. Reduce the amount of data used by your Android mobile device or computer by turning on Chrome Data Saver Mode. From compressing web pages to removing images when loading a page on a slow connection, you’re able to save up to 70 per cent more data.
4. Offline YouTube videos and watch them as often as you like without using data or buffering each time with YouTube Offline.
5. Whether it is your neighbourhood or a weekend getaway destination, there is a way to use Google maps without using any data. Download an area of the world and seamlessly use maps features like turn-by-turn navigation and access useful location information without a network connection using Google Maps Offline.